Pertex 8848 is a 88% hydrolysed polyvinyl alcohol for use as a primary suspending agent for vinyl chloride suspension polymerisation. And also for use as vinyl acetate containing copolymer resins. It is manufactured by Sunnymer Suspending Agents Co,. Ltd.
Pertex 8848 is a high molecular weight polyvinyl alcohol giving a high colloidal stability in PVC suspension polymerization. And to make a higher BD of SPVC.
|Appearance||White powder solid|
|Total Solids||> 95.0||%|
|Degree of Hydrolysis||86.5 – 89.5||mole%|
|Viscosity @ 20ºC, 4% solution||45.0 – 51.0||(mPa.s)|
|Ash Content||0.5 max.||% as Na2O|
Pertex 8848 is first added to cold water under stirring and then heated to 80ºC either in a water bath or by steam injection until the material is solubilised.
The principal advantages of using Pertex 8848 can be summarised as follows:-
1. Pertex 8848 can be used to make PVC with a higher bulk density.
2. The polymer build-up in the reactor is low, reducing down-time for cleaning.
3. Using Pertex 8848 with Pertex DH7305 to make SPVC, The SPVC grains made tend to be more spherical such that slightly higher bulk density may be combined with minimum reduction in porosity and with optimum flow characteristics.
4. The SPVC grain size distribution is narrow, and the levels of over-sized rejects are low.
1) Pertex 8848 should be stored away from wet areas and naked flames. Ingress of moisture should be avoided to maintain product quality.
2) As supplied, the product should remain fit for use for 24 months from the date of production. Beyond that date, the material may still be fit for use, but we would advise that it is good practice to test the material. As such, we advise that material stored for 12 months or more after delivery should be tested before use.
Pertex 8848 is supplied in 20 kg (nominal) paper sacks. Each sack carries the grade number and batch number.
Please read the Safety Data Sheet of this product for advice on safety, use and disposal.
For further information regarding this product please refer to:
TianJin Sunnymer Suspending Agents Co., Ltd Head Office
Phone: +86 (0)22 63313182
FAX: +86 (0)22 63313199